NewBold Corporation and Coronavirus
As concerns over the coronavirus continue to grow, we want to keep you informed about additional protocols being put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19, how our day-to-day operations are affected and what it means for you, and the part we play in ensuring the safety of our customers, employees, visitors, and others.
While we continue to monitor the World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control (CDC), and our local health communities, we have decided to take extra precautions to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
How Are We Navigating the Coronavirus Pandemic?
We take the safety of our employees and our responsibility to reduce the rate of further transmission of COVID-19 seriously. We have implemented extra precautions and steps to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and visitors.
- All NewBold facilities have implemented a restrictive access policy. All non-NewBold personnel are barred from access to the facilities unless deemed critical for continued business operations. All allowances must comply with and pass screening and questionnaire protocols before being allowed access.
- Our facility cleaning protocol includes twice daily cleanings by our internal team (this includes disinfection of hard surfaces and appliances). In addition, a professional, third party cleaning service provider has been contracted to disinfect and clean the facilities on a regular basis using hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We are providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace and in common areas. Cleaning sprays and wipes to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as telephones and keyboards are also being provided.
- In order to promote business continuity with minimal disruptions, employees in the appropriate sectors of the business have been mandated to telework. ALL employees are required to use telephone and video conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings.
- Reusable/washable masks will be provided to employees that physically report into the Rocky Mount and Greenville facilities.
- A temporary worker will be present at each facility during designated hours to perform a temperature check. All employees must enter through the front entrance with masks. Any employee that has a fever or no mask will not be able to report into work.
- A comprehensive list of guidelines and Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions (NPI’s) have been implemented to ensure good hygiene and mitigate potential for transmission.
- Any employee(s) showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home/prohibited from reporting for work. If diagnosed with COVID-19, they will be required to stay home for a minimum of 14 days and will have to be symptom free for 24 hours or obtain clearance from a doctor clearing them to return to work.
How does this impact business continuity?
As the coronavirus continues to cause volatility in the market and disruptions to supply chain, we want to ensure our customers we have been carefully preparing response scenarios so we can continue to service you with minimal disruptions.
Our depot and warehouse.
In the event an outbreak occurs in either of our locations, we are prepared to transition all depot and warehouse services to a secondary facility in another state:
- All arriving shipments will be moved using PPE to a quarantined area for 48 hours.
- After the 48 hours, packages will be opened and received under standard operating procedures.
- In the event a customer is unable to wait for the 48-hour quarantine period:
- Shipment will be moved to an expedited quarantine area.
- Shipping containers will be misted with disinfectant and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Upon opening boxes, contents will be misted with disinfectant and let sit for 10 minutes, and all parts will be wiped down with alcohol or another manufacturer suggested cleaning method
- In the event an outbreak occurs in either of our locations:
- The facility will be cleaned and sanitized while inventory is loaded and transferred to our alternate facility.
- We will continue shipping operations from the alternate facility with minimal disruptions.
Field technicians and onsite service calls.
First and foremost, our Field Technicians are prepared to follow any and all safety protocols you may already have in place in regard to visitors and your business. Additionally, all service technicians who display symptoms of COVID-19 must self-quarantine for 14 days, be completely free of symptoms for 24 hours and will have to be verified that no symptoms have been displayed in 24 hours before being cleared to return to work.
The return of the economy.
As the economy begins to ramp up, we will continue to stay dedicated to promoting the health and safety of our employees and customers. All COVID-19 prevention measures such as temperature screens, distribution of masks, and social distancing will stay in place and expanded upon as needed.
President & CEO | NewBold Corporation